Getting sound sleep is crucial for optimum and healthy functioning of the mind and body. Some of the benefits include less stress, more focus, improved productivity, optimal blood pressure, weight loss, anti-aging, and happier lives.
Nothing beats a good night’s sleep on Australian made bed frames and a comfortable mattress. Sturdy, satisfactory, and reliable, your bed is your best friend after a long day. Thus, it is important that your bed suits your sleeping needs and habits. This is where your mattress plays a huge role.
1) The effects of having a bad mattress
Good mattresses result in good back health and improve sleep significantly. However, a bad mattress can have adverse effects. Such mattresses reinforce poor sleep posture, making you feel more sore and tired in the morning. In addition to these, sleeping on the wrong mattress can result in severe and avoidable back problems.
When it comes to citizens using a mattress in Sydney and other parts of the world are the same. Being humans, mattresses affect us all in the same ways.
2) Here is how a mattress affects your health:
- A good mattress makes you sleep calmer. In other words, a mattress is responsible for bearing the brunt of your movement waves. Mattresses are meant for keeping you in one place, rather than have you constantly moving. These constant movements can be uncomfortable and disturbing.
- Mattresses can have a huge impact on our spine and posture. The role of a mattress is to provide support and comfort to us. This ensures that your spine remains properly aligned and different pressure points aren’t pressured into pain.
- They also influence how you breathe. A mattress that is too cushiony may lead to you sinking into it. It could cause trouble breathing and result in discomfort. It could also aggravate a snoring problem, disturbing your partner in bed.
- Your mattress can protect you from different allergens and dust mites. If the mattresses are made up of irritants, it could result in unsatisfactory sleep, and ruin your entire day. So, you must choose a mattress made out of natural material.
- By providing comfort, your mattress helps reduce stress immediately. With the right one, when you wake up you feel fresh and well-rested.
3) The type of mattress you choose is highly dependent on your preference and health issues. Here are some tips on choosing the right mattress:
- Before buying a mattress, do a test of around 10 minutes to make sure it feels right.
- Don’t hesitate to splurge on the right mattress. This is not something you should compromise on. Also, make sure that the mattress you choose is worth the money and provides all the benefits it claims to give.
- Change your mattresses regularly, after 8-10 years. Their quality declines and an old mattress can do just as much harm.
- Take your partner with you while mattress shopping to get the best one for you.
The biggest testament to this can be found in the classic story, Goldilocks and the Three Bears. You should pick a mattress that is neither too soft nor too hard. It should have the perfect consistency to induce great sleep.