In recent years through the phases of the pandemic scare, there has been a paradigm shift in the minds of the employees across various sectors; this has been noticed across various spheres of commercial or industrial work.
This is also a reason why talent management and development have become essential practices within companies.
- A growing alienation is seen among employees of their present or regular work life
- More focus on the individual’s need for personal space
- There is a growing concern for a lack of specific skill set development by their company
- Employees are looking for a greater stress-free work environment
Recent years have also witnessed a steep crisis in the availability of desired human resources for vacant positions within companies and larger organizations.
It is widely accepted and understood now that a considerable amount of change is required within the foundations of employee management to be able to bring back vitality into the system again.
Need For Change
There are noticeable signals within the corporate sectors about the need for change in the sphere of talent development.
- The workplace demands of the employees need to be understood
- A systematic process of identification of talent needs to be carried out within the company
- Proper training and development of skill sets among selected candidates have to be carried out
- Vacancies and important posts need to be filled up at the earliest so that important decisions to take the organization forward can be efficiently done
How It Works
For any program to work effectively there is a need for proper assessment and evaluation of the current situation. This is the same with regard to the issue of necessary human resource problems of a company.
- It all starts with the accurate assessment of the number of vacant positions as against the total headcount of employees that a company has
- This helps to understand the number of positions and vacancies that needs to be filled up and what kind of skill sets the desired candidate should have
- Understanding the present set of employees will also help in estimating the number of talented individuals available for their further skill enhancements
- Once the assessment and evaluation part is completed there can be a focus on the training and management of these employees with regard to their skill enhancements
- Companies will also need to develop certain specific policies of employee retention after the skills training is complete
- Employees will need to be presented with certain upliftment in remunerations and other incentives too if they are being placed with heavier responsibilities and decision-making positions within the company
Its An Investment
Owing to the shortfall of desirable candidates that many organizations are facing recently there is a serious shortage of potential candidates to fill in various positions.
If this has to be taken care of a need for improvised approach is required from within the organizations themselves instead of looking outside for a candidate.
Enhancing the skills of your workforce can be advantageous in many ways for the future in addition to the fulfilment of responsibilities in the current scenario.
Skill enhancement and talent management and development of employees today can adequately take care of several vacancies in the future.