It is true that you have invested a good amount of money while purchasing timber flooring in Beaumont Hills. So, maintaining its shine for a long time is your responsibility. With floors becoming the main area to attract food traffic, so chances of them getting dusty are also high. Cleaning the floors from time to time is a good way to enrich its longevity.
With hardwood flooring, cleaning once a week is enough. But, if you have many people living or way too many guests coming over, then the number of cleaning days will increase. Whether you are cleaning once a week or more than that, following the best process is important. It helps in enhancing the grain texture and pattern even more.
The art of sweeping and dusting:
The very first step to consider while focusing on clean timber flooring in Beaumont Hills is sweeping the dirt and dust, which was otherwise building up on the floor’s surface.
- For that, you are recommended to use a soft bristle broom or a vacuum cleaner.
- Whenever you are using a vacuum cleaner, try attaching the soft floor brush head with it before starting the process.
- Before using the vacuum cleaner, feel the nozzle around to ensure that there isn’t any harsh edge. Some of the older models will have sharp, heavy blades, which can scratch your timber floors.
Depending on the number of people or pets you have in your place, the usability of vacuum cleaners for your floor will vary.
Best way to remove grime and dirt:
Grime will give rise to a sticky surface that simple dusting won’t do any good. It does not matter if you have solid timber flooring in Beaumont Hills, engineering timber, or the stabilised solid; the cleaning process for the surface is always the same.
- In case the floor is not in a bad state, you just have to put warm water in a bucket and give a light tap with the damp mop.
- Make sure to not soak the floor as it will rot the wooden panels from within. Always remember to use a damp mop instead of a wet one!
- For a more convenient solution, you can use the micro-fibre mop with the help of s spray water bottle on timber flooring in Beaumont Hills.
- Avoid steam cleaning your wooden floor because timber is a natural product. So, the steam cleaning will cause the floor panels to expand and then retract, which will make them crack.
Using the timber cleaning products:
The market houses multiple cleaning products, and some are specifically designated as floor cleaners. Now, in that section, you have to thoroughly look for those specified cleaners designed for timber or hardwood floors only. These cleaners will have the right mix of cleaning agents, minus the harsh chemicals and bleach that might hamper the look of timber flooring in Beaumont Hills and the durability completely.
A simple check is all that you need to find the right cleaners for timber flooring. You will need to use them if the condition of the floor is pretty bad and simple mopping isn’t doing any good!