If you think that there is only one kind of driving-license for all vehicles, then think again. If you got a job where you need to drive heavy rigid vehicles to different destinations, then you specifically need an hr drivers licence. It is meant for those vehicles with three or more axles and gross vehicle mass greater than the 8000kg mark. Now, there are various steps involved before you get the final license in hand. So, let’s focus on those points first.
Learn to drive:
Before you even plan to learn to drive an HR class vehicle and get an hr drivers licence, there are some points, which must be taken into consideration. First of all, you must have a C class license with 12+ months of experiences, an LR class license or an MR class license. Here, the learner’s permit is not needed. But, you need to be accompanied by one supervisor who is:
- A person with a current HR driving license for a minimum of 4 years
- An instructor associated with the driver education course and holding an HR driver’s license
- A licensed instructor holding hr drivers licence or license of any higher class driver’s license
HR candidates with the RTO:
If you have covered the eligibility criterion and passed the eye test, you can easily get trained for the HR license with an authorised RTO. If you plan to do that, you will need to complete some major training modules before you can even apply for the hr drivers licence that you need.
- You will receive a certificate to show that you have completed the training successfully, and the RTO then conducts a PDA on behalf of DVS.
- In case you complete the PDA successfully, then the RTO will offer you a certificate of competency for any particular license you want.
- On the other hand, you can apply for the PDA at the DVS centre. Until you have presented your eye test result, certificate and certificate of competency, you are not allowed to drive HR vehicles. For this service, be prepared to pay a processing fee.
- For the learner driver, you can place the “plates and complete them with any other conditions that might come into action to get an hr drivers licence.
- Before you take any instruction in GR, you have to ensure that you meet all the possible commercial vehicle based medical standards as outlined in Assessing Fitness to Drive medical statements. These guidelines are meant for clinical and licensing management.
Be sure to complete the application form:
Once you have covered the above-mentioned criteria, you are all set to complete the application form first and get that approved for hr drivers licence. You can download the form from reliable online driving centres as that helps in saving a great deal of time and money. Be sure to provide your proof of identity and submit an application in person. These are some of the crucial steps for you to follow to get your hands on an HR driver’s license. Once you got this license in hand, you can just start working.