There are a lot of dental services available for any kind of dental issue. It is easy to find an experienced Dentist In Harris Park to resolve your problem. You can browse through the web and see which dental clinic offers the best services.
What is a crown?
An artificial replacement that restores the missing tooth structure with the help of a material such as porcelain, metal, and sometimes the combination of both porcelain and metal is known as a dental crown.
Benefits offered by a dental crown:
- Protection/ Restoration of Tooth Structure:
A dental crown is one of the best protections that your prosthodontist can give to a weakened tooth. Teeth undergoing root canal treatment are also protected with crowns.
In addition to physical protection, a crown also provides an aesthetic approach. Generally, crowns are made to restore the original shape of your tooth. Ceramic crowns are much stronger and never fail to give you a natural-looking, bright, and winning smile.
Generally, crowns last the longest of most dental restorations, with a life span of fifteen years or more. The durability of a dental crown surely depends on your maintenance of oral hygiene. The oral care tips can be received from your dentisteasily.
What is a bridge?
A bridge is just a group of false teeth that are placed and fitted in the gap between two crowns. The teeth present on either side of the gap are prepared to allow the setting up of a bridge in between them by the dentist.
Advantages offered by dental bridges:
- Restores and maintains the shape of your face.
- Your smile is restored back to normal and prevents the displacement of the teeth from their position.
- The treatment enhances the quality of your speech and pronunciation.
- Avoid consumption of hard food to prevent any damage caused to the new crown or bridge.
- Crowns and bridges last up to 15 years. However, it depends on good oral health and hygiene and the forces you apply to your teeth. Therefore, regular dental check-ups are advisable.
- Avoid sticky food such as candies and toffees.
- Proper brushing and flossing should be done twice daily.
Some oral health care tips to be followed:
- Avoid consumption of sticky food items including toffees, candies, and chocolates.
- Regularly floss your teeth.
- Limit the intake of tea and coffee.
- Eat a healthy diet and reduce the intake of food with added sugars.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled brush using fluoride toothpaste.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if bristles are worn out.
- Use mouthwash to remove food particles left after brushing and flossing.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleanings.
- Do not take hard objects in the mouth or do not chew hard food.
- Also, contact your dentist in Harris park as soon as an oral health problem arises. Taking care of your oral health is an investment in your overall health.
The dentists make sure that your teeth and gums stay strong and clean. They help in taking care of your overall health and use advanced tools for providing a smooth and pain-free treatment to the patients. Visit the best dental clinic in Harris Park to cure your dental issue.