Sewers are underground drain pipes that carry rainwater and waste matter away to another place. The waste matter including water may come from various sources, domestic or industrial. Sewer services are a huge infrastructure that manages the entire sewerage system of a city.
Importance of a Sewer System:
The main goal of a sewer system is to maintain public health and protect water quality. They are more equipped to carry solid waste apart from excess drain water. Diseases originating from harmful bacteria are prevalent in countries where clean water and Sewer services are unavailable.
There are a series of pipes and culverts underground, pumping stations, and sewage systems that carry sewage from your home, or industries to the wastewater treatment plants where the water gets cleaned and treated to make it healthy. Then with the help of sewer services near me, it is returned to nature.
Rain water and melting snow get collected by storm sewer systems installed on your roof or the roads. The surface water then flows directly into the rivers or streams connected to it. Wastes such as paints, solvents, or cleaning liquids should never be poured into a storm drain as they prove hazardous to our environment. They can poison the naturally flowing rivers and streams, where many wildlife quenches their thirst. Sewer contractors occasionally remove leaves or litter to avoid flooding storm drains.
Routine maintenance and repair of sanitary sewers are conducted via the manholes. Every property has a location where all the drain pipes connect to the main sewage system in the street. To find a blockage in the pipes, Sewer contractors access these clean-outs located on your property. Some of the steps that prevent costly repairs are:
- Global Information system mapping is nowadays very popular. They can track the entire infrastructure of pipes, and manholes, their sizes, and their locations too.
- Inspecting your drain and sewer systems on a routine basis is an important task at least once a year. All kinds of structural issues, collection of debris, or blockages in your sewage system get caught during this inspection.
- Execution of cleaning and jet pumping of the main sewer lines shall clean up the entire system ensuring proper flow.
- Identifying leaks and defects in the pipeline after proper cleaning and jet pumping can be performed with the help of CCTVs.
- Storm sewer connections and defective sewer pipes may be inspected through smoke testing.
- Dry weather does not provide accurate information about leaking joints. So, it is important to carry out wet-weather inspections.
3. Scheduling a sewer service:
When a sewer service technician arrives at your home for inspecting the blocked drains and sewer lines, they search thoroughly for the cause of the blockage. Once the source of the problem is found, sewer services near me shall provide you with a solution and also an estimate within your budget.
Various solutions like drain snaking or hydro-jetting are provided depending on the enormity of the job. Drain snaking maybe opted for smaller jobs like sink drain cleaning or shower drain blockage. Hydro-jetting is performed for a deeper cleaning like removal of debris, or unwanted tree roots growth inside the sewage pipe.